Brightspace Data Sets
D2L, July 2017 - Present
Raw, user-level access to Brightspace data in CSV form, refreshed on a regular cadence. Enables clients to integrate into and identify trends unique to their institution's ecosystem.
- Architected and developed platform in AWS as a technical lead to support data set generation for all existing and future microservices
- Design and recommend improvements to core platform stability and performance based on SQL query plan and log analysis
- Defined and prioritized product backlog and production issues as an acting team lead during managerial absence; streamlined onboarding and monitoring processes with other teams
D2L, March 2016 - December 2017
Third-party integration via D2L's implementation of RFC 6749 - The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework.
Brightspace Data Platform
D2L, April 2014 - September 2019
Building D2L's next generation educational analytics platform. Event-driven, lambda-like data-processing architecture backed by multiple types of data stores. Data is exposed via a RESTful API layer.
- Developed eventing framework and data platform in AWS that sustains over 1000 messages per second
- Reviewed and provided consulting on event schema design for other teams
- Improved and maintained tooling for deploying to production multiple times a day
- Working group member for company-wide on-call tool (OpsGenie); implemented integration with eventing framework and data platform
- Achieved 10x reduction in infrastructure costs by replacing legacy system with AWS services
D2L, September 2011 - December 2011, May 2012 - April 2014
Educational analytics as a service. Traditional ETL process, extracting Brightspace data from a transactional database into a reporting warehouse. Data is exposed via a white-labelled third-party BI tool with pre-defined reports and ad-hoc support.
- Performed exploratory testing with a focus on integration points; analyzed defects and source code to recommend fixes
- Updated core libraries for security compliance; maintained testing environments
Use cron-like expressions to test if a datetime is in an allowed range.
A GitHub Action that submits pull requests to update all Node dependencies in the project.
A GitHub App that only notifies on a subset of actions.
A Netlify plugin that blocks deployment if it is outside of deployment hours.
Occasional contributer to the Serverless Framework.
A Serverless Framework plugin that allows you to set default properties a given CloudFormation resource should have based on type.
A Serverless Framework plugin that uses dotenv to load environment variables from a
.env configuration file.
A Serverless Framework plugin for automatically populating CloudFormation stack policy statements by resource type.
A popular word guessing game using React and Redux.
Interface for going through the OAuth 2.0 authorization code grant flow. Written in Vue.js.
Tool for pretty-printing newline-delimited JSON using React and Redux.
A collection of miscellaneous tools. Powered by Nuxt.js.